Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Insumatt, ooma, just groshing.

Tanith Lee:  oh, one of my most favorite authors as a teen.

And I still love those favorite books.  Such as Drinking Sapphire Wine.

In 2008 Jo Walton did a review of both books in that sequence.  If you want to see part of why Wine so caught my attention -- and my love -- go read her review.  The first half-page of Wine is there.

If you want to be spoiled for Drinking Sapphire Wine, or after you've already read Don't Bite the Sun and Drinking Sapphire Wine -- read this review by Chelsea McDonald.  Because ooma's voice:  perfect.

And here's another review of the entire story arc by Reflected Pensiveness in 2009.

Back in high school, I did a book report -- a compare/contrast of Drinking Sapphire Wine with Roger Zelazny's Lord of Light, another favorite novel.  They do have some similar aspects.

My teacher appreciated it.  8)


Words of Jang Slang that I still use:  derisann, floop, groshinginsummatooma, ooma-kasma [which I forgot had a hyphen, oops!] and thalldrap.

Also:  drumdikfarathoom, vixaxn, zaradann.

No comments: