Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Spring update...

Tiny Cat went missing 13-April-18. Three days before his birthday.

I have a couple blog posts started about Gatito, our Smoky, who was almost a year old.  Short version, we're positive he was rescued by someone who figured he was a cute polite young cat, and that's why there's been no sign of him. He'd always come home before. * 

I hope that person has other cats for him to play with, and takes good care of my baby. I miss him terribly -- we all do.

A horrible and vicious tomcat had been attacking Smoky, and Vee, and pretty much every cat here who wasn't Shadow. The only cat who the Orange Monster could mate with; I call him that rather than constantly cuss, okay?



Smoky's grandmother brought us new feral kittens the following week, 18-April. They're gone now -- probably she decided to abandon them/lead them off to new territory.

I'm taking a new antidepressant, which I began a week ago. Thankful that it's not making me ill, unlike the many others tended to.

From late March on, I've been going back to bed nearly every morning.

Forgive me for not being in the best place.


The only bright spot is that we chose to watch all of Agents of SHIELD, and got hooked. Streamed through all of SHIELD, starting with the weekend after Tiny Cat vanished, and that helped. I couldn't find my cat. I failed him; I didn't protect him. Watching people solve problems helped me cope.

It still hurts, you know? Hug the people and the critters you love. Please.

I wish I'd made him come back inside. But Smoky was positive he needed to go play! He probably knew a winter storm was coming, so he was damned if he'd be indoors if he could get a little more playtime in...

* FYI: Smoky Gatito, our Tiny Cat, was born feral. He was not a house cat who got lost. Making him different than the average missing cat. Outdoor cat with indoor privileges, who chose to sleep with us, who loved and trusted us. 

No comments: