Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Amy Einsohn.

I like to mention books I love here. Sometimes those are writing books, like E. M. Forster's Aspects of the Novel.

But today I wanted to mention Amy Einsohn. She wrote The Copyeditor's Handbook: A Guide for Book Publishing and Corporate Communications. It's a brilliant book. Like my copy of Chicago, my TCH barely ever closes, and it's crammed with bookmarks.

Hence Amy Einsohn and the Making of The Copyeditor's Handbook.

And here's a list of distance courses in editing. :> Note that Amy teaches them for Editcetera.

2 comments:

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I'm going to have to look that up. It's really your go-to, huh?

Starbuck O'Shea said...

It's an amazing book. :D And it really tells you something when I can't close a reference book!

Luckily I haven't broken my Web11... and I try to keep my Shorter OED in better shape. They have better spines, though. Trade pb weren't meant to stay flat.

-- Tax time, so I've gone hermit. :/