Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

October-2: kitten update.

Queen Misty and Digger/Pocito are just rocketing around the house lately. Let alone yesterday, when I looked up to roomie saying: "The kittens, they're both outside." Just like that moment in Jurassic Park when they find the raptors are inside the room with them -- that's how I'm sure Jack and Sweetpea felt!

Amazingly, we got 'em back into the house. Pocito seemed a little shell-shocked by the yard; Queenie acted like it was no big deal. As she stalked Jack. Who looked appalled, frankly.


Annnnnnnnnnnd the kittens climbed the blinds on this night.

Her Majesty was the primary perp, and I got her off the blinds. She was upset, not just to have her fun wrecked, but that I was clearly Not Happy.

::  But the cords, such temptations, such a grand toy!  The texture of the blinds! ::

No matter that I've put the frickin' cords behind the blinds, they can be SEEN, and lusted after, if one is a kitten. =rolls eyes=



I took her to the bedroom and snuggled her. Said it was not her I was mad at, that I just don't want her on those. Misty accepted this and snuggled with abandon.

She has been very cuddly the last couple days.

But then my bf and I were gone all Sunday afternoon... that's another (medical) story.


Tonight Digger was persuaded that getting on kitchen table ain't the thing. I stamped my feet and shouted No; poor boy-cat cowered, but then Pocito listened when roomie told him "No" when he wanted to eat dinner/share table space with her.

I cuddled Digger and consoled him that I wasn't mad at him. He decided he required toys ASAP.

Pocito is so fearless I've been wondering if he's a high-functioning sociopath (like Sherlock) or a clone of Indiana Jones before the snake incident.

I realize that isn't the best way to teach him negatives, but I would like to submit that it's been a long couple days, with not enough sleep. Sometimes I don't respond with my brain; my hindbrain takes over. This can be good, it can be bad, it can be both--


Both kittens have been hurtling toward their fourth month. Queen Misty is over 4.5 pounds, and her brother remains smaller, enough so that she is half again his size, little Digger Pocito. :)

I suspect the terrible twos in cats lasts up to the junior stage, aka six months. We'll see, eh? :p

No comments: