Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Kittens today.

Cheetah is still very snuffly, and sleeps more than his sister, likely due to his awful sinus infection. :/

He likes to cuddle up with people, and/or onto a Soft Place to sleep. To his great delight, I have set up plush throws for him to sleep on the LR couch and the basement futon.



I was advised to have Cheetah stay in bathroom with me whilst I showered, to steam his poor little nose. I set up a shoe box with a towel for him...

He loves to be with people, so Cheetah tried to a] climb into shower too b] climb UP tub c] find a path to me. Roomie rescued him before that went poorly!

Now he is snoozing happily on downstairs futon; Allen discovered that Cheetah loves human voices and the sounds of game menus. But not game play. He's got Twitch on for Cheetah.


Her Worship, Mist-Bliss, she of many names, aka The Queen of the entire universe... decided that of course she had to go downstairs. Today.

After I warned her off 2-4 times, she leapt at the box we pretend is the cat-door blocking the basement... a polite fiction our other cats have all accepted.

Box fell over, she skedaddled, and promptly vanished. After several tense minutes, I found that she had not gone into my bf's office [a room of much chaos] and secured that door. [ A real wooden door. :P ] I found Queenie at last, happily identifying my areas -- the bead table, which must have a lot of my shed hair nearby, and my desk.

My desk, to her delight, smelled like me, but my chair, oh! That even more so. I have been using that chair since '06 and it's a very good office chair. My [shed] hair is always tangled in its wheels, no matter what.


We discussed her coming downstairs, Queen Misty ignored me, as royalty does, and then she went upstairs again.


She hasn't got to terrorize/slap up Jack today. [Knock on wood!!] Poor, poor Jack. Last night she refused to let me catch her, and then wanted to meet Jack.

Jack came up to her, staring, and I believe using mind-meld to say ::  You look like my sister. Yes. You remind me of my sister, Cali. ::

Her Majesty decided this was cheek, and began hissing at him, her tail doubled -- not tripled, not zomg cat hairbrush tail -- but definitely threat-tail. She would not let Jack be, he wasn't attacking her, and she kept trying to dominate him.


Poor Jack. He is unhappy. He eats during the day, but now that it's Sunday evening, he is very sad. I gave him chicken this morning as a consolation for not being able to come inside as he expected to. Come evening, Jack let Sweetie eat all the chicken, but left his.

He will eat some treats, but Jack feels there needs to be discussion. I'm not sure yet if it's between me and him, between he and the kittens, or a big group talk. But definitely talk.



Jack hasn't been face to face, not in person [versus through door wall] with Cheetah yet. Perhaps he wants to find out if the other kitten is pushy too. :/

My poor black boy-kitten; he's only 1.5 years old, and they seemed like shoo-ins -- to him, and I fear to my hindbrain also -- for taking the place in his heart for his lost siblings. 8(

Lost a year and a couple weeks ago

We have time. Now, I just need to keep our royal girl-kitten of much cattiude from rushing things further!!




No comments: