Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2019

Double cat trouble.

Today my roomie [SL] and I went ostensibly to drop off stuff -- for the barn cats of Saved By Zade, our local cat rescue.

Little Cheetah began smooching my fingers. I thought I was lost, and then some little girls took an interest in his cuddliness. I stepped back, but no... their mom backed out.

Yeah, we came home with two kittens. How did you know? :P :P :P



Cheetah's sister Bliss, who I kept calling Mist(*) then decided SHE was taking charge of me. Purred -- got happy tail no matter what odd position she contorted into atop my shoulder, and later on got possessive when I tried to reach for Cheetah over her. Bliss even started pawing at me -- gently -- and play-nibbling on my fingers.

Her fosterer said "Bliss never likes me!" and was both tickled and surprised that Bliss was so enraptured with me.

Wellll... I have a history of the cats "who don't like strangers" being the cats who like me. Or who walk up to me as their human says, "My cat always hides-- hey!" or most often: "My cat doesn't like anyone but me..."

Thus I was given a cat off Freecycle, back before they stopped letting people do that. I rescued a Maine coon who fell in love with me [and I with him] back in 2007. His humans watched Gamble walk straight to me, and decided I was the right person to help their cat have a new home.


Mist-Bliss is a sweetheart. She is also the kind of cat who listens when she feels like it, and has charted all the curves and hidey-holes of our upstairs.

Allen says [with cause: merely two days later, very accurately, as the next post shows!] that she will go downstairs asap. She will, too. This kitten was bouncing up onto anything and everything. Vertical and horizontal mean nothing to her.

I cleared the papers I'd had on the futon, since I could tell that would be a target soon enough.


The only snag is we lack paperwork for her brother, since it wasn't there when I adopted them this evening. And that poor Cheetah got the snuffles bad minutes after we got home.  He must have a terrible cold.  Poor little darling! He is such a cutie too, a tiger/tabby about a pound less than his sister.

Tomorrow morning we'll be taking him to the vet.

He perked up a lot after I got out the ring-toys, and they both played with them nearly nonstop, barring a few pauses to eat or drink. Endorphins for the win, hey?

Also, Cheetah loves my SO. He was sitting in Allen's lap and just turning into a happy little cat noodle. 8)

Later, when Allen brought Cheetah into our room and set him on the bed, Cheetah was beside himself with happiness. Purring, kneading, trying to climb up my back as he purred. One delighted boy-cat!


Dad envies our cats. I told him he'd have to come over to meet them. :)

Now we've got twice as many cats. Jack hasn't decided how he feels about this yet, nor has he come inside, although I'm sure by now he and Sweetpea have figured out what their humans did. | You've been playing with other cats! | as our roomie puts it.

I snugged Queenie Mist-Bliss into a towel and we put the kittens into the half-bath an hour ago. She is a very twitchy cat, and that makes sense. Queenie was a kitten rescued from a factory.  It must've been a scary and loud place to be. :/

I'm not sure how it is that Cheetah is as calm and friendly as he is, but like all beings, cats have different personalities and different reactions to everything.


(*) Apparently from prescience. Queen Mist [?] is a cat who escapes and skitters through any tiny aperture. I am calling her Queenie, for she is definitely the queen of her universe, probably something longwinded like Bliss, Queen Mist. Queenie for short.




No comments: