Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Adventure kittens!

In recent weeks, Digger has become addicted to eating everyday grass* and to simply going outside. He wears his harness, so he can inspect things, sit on the grass or the patio, and just hang out.  I always pick a handful of grass; that way I can let both kittens enjoy it when he's done perambulating.

Hell, yesterday I dumped a few handfuls of dried grass out.  It was on a towel, and Digger likes snuggling up in that box.  I suspect he likes knowing he can just nibble the grass at any time.  He finds it comforting, having that on his towel.  8)



Misty doesn't like going outside.  Most neighbors have dogs, and she hates dogs.  Humans make other sounds: cars, power tools, various thumps and bangs...

And oh yeah, this neighborhood loves firecrackers.  Day or night, they've been setting those off.  For weeks -- no joke!

I have been trying to persuade Misty that a different leash is safer.  I don't know why it's the leash to blame and not me, or whatever scares her, but she is a cat very much into displacement.  I just roll with that.

I put the green bungee leash on her; she gets to choose whether she goes out.

Today she chose Yes. Thus they had an adventure outside today. 


So I had a kitten on each hand.  This is particularly exciting as I was the only human of our household awake, and because of my left thumb.  Somehow I sprained it in late January [while sleeping!] and it keeps going out of joint.  Acts a lot like trigger thumb...

My thumb may be healing at last, but that means I cannot always rely on having two hands that fully work. 



Until each kitten started going in different directions, it wasn't so bad. 

A couple times I had to hook one cat -- twice Digger was that cat -- to something so I could get to the other cat and untangle her/him.  Or be able to not have two kittens pulling leashes behind me.  Loads of fun.  :/

He leapt backwards out of his harness -- something scared him, a bug perhaps.  Then Digger went inside like a good boy. 

A few minutes passed. 

His sister somehow tangled herself up in the plastic lawn chairs and freaked out; I got her inside after two tries.  Misty was upset the door wall wasn't standing wide open for her escape.  Then she ran down the basement stairs before I could unleash her, dragging her leash, and flew back up again... and I finally caught her.  Fairly sure that Digger herded her back upstairs, actually.

I snuggled her a little, and then let them both go chill out. 

After that, they got grass before their nap... I went and brought them back a big handful. 8)


* NOT weed, I am somewhat allergic to pot smoke.

No comments: