Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2021

Almost to 2022!

 What a year it's been. I kept hoping I joked when I'd say, "Year Two of the pandemic" while I feared I was not joking. And sure enough, it was not a joke, just a faint hope, swiftly disproved. 


But we've gotten to two sff conventions this year, for masked and vaccinated attendees only: Convergence 2021 and Discon III, the 79th Worldcon. 


In fact, we just returned from the latter this past Monday. 


We'd driven out to DC for the con, and stayed in one of the overflow hotels -- the Sonesta, which was not an extended-stay hotel... unlike the Boston Sonesta and the Columbus [Ohio] Sonesta, to our dismay. 


At Worldcon, I chatted with many folks, from publishers and authors to divers others. We saw some of our fellow Michigan fans there also. Despite the Omni Shoreham being a hotel of many accessibility travails, it was a gorgeous place, and I enjoyed seeing it. Being in a posh hotel that had stone balconies overlooking DC was neat; very different from many of the con hotels we're used to. 


Next month we're off to the first con of 2022, Rising ConFusion. Right here in Novi, Michigan. It'll be so nice to see many of our local friends! Hoping some folks at Worldcon join us too. :)



No comments: