Search This Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2021

2021, in part.

 I may run late, but I do plan to do an overview on 2021.  


For a brief recap of the past six months, I finally had knee surgery for my right knee, which had two tears in the meniscus. I'm just over two months out from that, and although walking is far, far better now -- stairs, not so much.  


Doing stairs is weirdly random too; I've managed to go into the basement a few times, but other days, my knee[s] will freak out.  Definitely will need to see physical therapists for that next month.


Last month I was introduced to the Birdverse.  I got to copy edit a novella in R.B. Lemberg's universe, which was a lovely experience, both as a reader and an editor.  I have a new favorite author -- and series -- which makes me very happy.  


My editor also sent me a novella by Jane Yolen to copy edit, months ago, and that was definitely something unusual.  Jane kindly wrote me a poem afterward as well!


=-=


I sold my beloved 2005 Pacifica.  Sadly, when an old car leaks so badly that it's not easily fixable -- and mushrooms grow in the back floor wells!! -- and the mildew smell is fighting with the internal condensation to see which will triumph... :/


I had Paca for mere months before issues began, and then worsened, and went from worse to much, much worse. 


Alas, my poor Paca died right before we left town for Convergence... I miss my Paca.  =sigh=  I got to have Paca for one year and eleven months.  I have gone through more cars, living in Lansing, than anywhere else in such a short time.  Really hoping my next car lasts better.  


=-=


The kittens remain with us, although they're nearly 2.5 years old now, so they're about 26 in human years.  Digger and Misty both still respond to Kittens! however.  I expect they always will.  :)


Amusingly enough, I have a cat video on the tv now, for them, but they were both snoring away when I began typing this.  Now Digger is looking around, but not really at the vid.  :D


Misty finds my SO's son concerning.  Understandable, since during the pandemic, they have little interaction with The Outside World.  Hell, Misty growls at delivery guys -- yes, just like a dog! -- and I notice that means the drivers for Amazon, FedEx, and UPS.  Yet she accepts the mail lady without any complaint.  Probably because the mail lady rarely knocks loudly on the door... 


Time to for bed, and that means for playing with the cats too.  Be well. 



No comments: