Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

The lucky break (for the cats).

Happily, we got a new cat sitter this month. I say happily because at first finding someone was hard. NextDoor is my usual resource, and either people weren't answering or unavailable. 


I spent an hour hunting through sitters on Facebook -- and then messaging them. Not how I wanted to do things, certes! 


But our previous sitter kindly referred me to her own, a vet tech. She proved perfect. Best of all, Digger heard us talking and decided she must be Mummy's friend. He came to inspect her, then flirted... ending by smooching her fingers and rubbing on her. Befriended!

 

She not only fed them, but even slid bowls under beds to make sure all hiding cats got fed too. Even shoveling our walk on Sunday. 


We are extraordinarily fortunate. 


I hope to post her pics of Digger later. He was delighted his new friend came to see him, to play, and to provide for his needs. We may be forgiven; still, all the cats want far more food than usual, and they've sought more attention. Unsurprisingly. 



No comments: