Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Thoughts for the day.


bright orange for the shroud:  p. 19, Fawcett edition.

' Acquaintance rather than friend.  The dividing line is communication, I think.  A friend is someone to whom you can say any jackass thing that enters your mind. With acquaintances, you are forever aware of their slightly unreal image of you, and to keep them content, you edit yourself to fit.  Many marriages are between acquaintances.  You can be with a person for three hours of your life and have a friend.  Another one can remain an acquaintance for thirty years. '

I read some of the Travis McGee books back in 2007.  I stored a few of the quotes that stuck with me...

This one in particular.  Had friends demote me without bothering to tell me, and it hurts.

As the cabbie tells Sherlock, "Why can't people think?  Don't it just make you mad?  Why can't people just think?"

Why can't people think instead of just blindly hurting others.  Just say it.  "Hey, things aren't the same anymore" and 'fess up to the change.  Don't cut people, snubbing them is cruel.  Why add cruelty to life?

No comments: