Search This Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Cat update -- or, Sweetpea's day RUINED forever.

I let in both cats -- as Sweetie hadn't come in earlier, and this was about to be Jack's third breakfast -- and prepared. They were eating, and I'd spooked Sweetpea by bringing "kitten crunchies" aka the kitten food they both like as snackage.

( Lately I've been adding "crunchies" to their first breakfast as a greeting, to rejoice that they made it to their First Meal, and Sweetpea especially considers this a new and excellent greeting/habit.

( It began about a week ago, so it's a habit for life now. :p )


She did not approve of this noisy disturbance, when I poured in the Other Thing, but went back to eat. Kibble is important, particularly when you as a cat have not got to have your 4am snack-meal, nor your 8am First Meal, nor...

I got out the flea-tick doses, which we call "gunking the cats" and cannot say aloud in Sweetpea's presence anymore, as she has learnt "gunk" means That Smelly Horrible Stuff.

I succeeded in opening a dose -- it was immediately applied to Sweetpea. Jack knows what the gunk is once he smells it, but he doesn't try to dig his way out of house instantly. Unlike his sister.

Atypically... Sweetpea fled under the kitchen table instead. Then she hunkered there to give me the cat air of reproach. Deep reproach. The kind that allows for no forgiveness, ever.

I gunked Jack -- who wanted to leave and be unhappy outside, as is normal for our cats.


Under table, Sweetpea continued to sit in reproach at me. You know how any being can do that -- do the silent AT you, so that waves of that feeling, such as disapproval or unhappiness -- just pours over you? Yep. That.

Pets and SOs and children specialize in this, esp.

I talked to her, telling her I was sorry, and asking if I could ever be forgiven. :: No. No. Not ever. :: said her silence. I asked about tomorrow. No response to that either, although it might be far enough past forever to be considered... someday.

Then she decided to sneak over to the doorwall. Sweetpea looked over at me. Was I going to commit another atrocity upon her? Perhaps, said her expression. So I asked if she did want out instead of more food, and she huddled [mode: unhappy ninja / maybe-caught / oh no my doom] and then indeed left.


I came downstairs to report to the Internets. 8) =cheerfully= I am a terrible person. She will hate on me for a few hours. Later, Sweetpea will be hungry and possibly allow SL to feed her. Even Allen. But me?

Oh no, I'm a bad person now. =shrugs, not quite sighing= Maybe tomorrow or later tonight, Sweetie may forgive. Maybe not.

It is hard to feel bad about the littler indignities, is it not? I know she isn't happy, I also know she isn't hurt, just discommoded. Not being bitten by the bad things is a much better thing for us all.

So and so. Poor my cat, I do love you. Even if this does not feel like love to you at all! =hugs=

No comments: