Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Angry Robot's female writers: 2013.

Considering how some outcry existed this year about oh noes, men don't get into the Hugo awards anymore, but they write! as if it was men and not everyone else who had been kept out for so long, I thought it was a nice theme to discover sff by women. Maybe I'm biased?

Nah!


So back when I was freelancing for Angry Robot Books, sometimes I'd read their blog a lot, sometimes not.

I am rather an erratic person on stuff like that. Also, have you been on the Internet? It's wicked huge!

I missed this post back in 2013: Discover some great SF by women writers.  Where Lee said, "We’d like to help promote some great science fiction by our own female writers, to show the incredible quality of SF that can be enjoyed, whatever your gender."



The kicker is that I copyedited these three:

Debris by Jo Anderton

vN by Madeline Ashby

vN, cover by Martin BlandBroken by A E Rought



I did the c/e for a Kaaron Warren book too, but it is not in that post.  :D

I have a draft in my queue of AR titles -- and AR imprint titles -- that I did the c/e on, and will post that when I'm ready.  I hope sometime this week.

Also, is this not another great cover? AR had so many. My first c/e (for them) had a brilliant cover too.


No comments: