Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What I did this past spring...

Earlier this year I was asked to write an essay about being bipolar.

I did, and it was published in LaChance Publishing's Voices of Bipolar Disorder.


The publisher sent out complimentary copies recently, and will send mine to my new address here in Ohio.

I became bipolar in 1991, was diagnosed in 1992, and kept taking my [sole] med with great success. There are horror stories about meds, and miracle stories. Mine is the latter [or, sometimes Milekey transitions DO happen in reality]. This is probably the only soapbox-cum-cause that I've wanted to talk about that's extremely personal.

It's still a little scary to get up in public, even about what you care about. Be warned that mine is not a pretty story.

Many thanks to the dear ones who held my hands, not only during the rough times when I became manic, but also those who told me I could write this essay -- who encouraged me, listened, prayed, and above all, critiqued!

"The book is scheduled for release on January 1, 2010 and will be available in all bookstores, at all online booksellers, in most libraries and at www.lachancepublishing.com."

(And yes, this means I'm a nonfiction writer, but I'm still an editor first and foremost.)

No comments: