Search This Blog

Saturday, September 27, 2014

DetCon1.

NASFiC 2014, or DetCon1, was lovely.  (NASFiC only happens whenever North America loses the bid for Worldcon, btw.)  DetCon was the eleventh NASFiC.

I keep writing it as "Detcon" and having to correct it.  Apparently my mind palace has it That Way.


The Ren Cen was a worse maze than I remembered, and it's one of only three con hotels that have been possessed of a glyph of confusion.  At least for me.  Except that I think the Ren Cen actually has multiple glyphs...

I'm sorry that I didn't see many costumes, but then that happened at Chicon 7 as well.

Bernadette Bosky, one of the Fan GOHs, enjoyed the con too.

Jim Hines:  Flickr of DetCon1 pics.



More about DetCon1 from these fine folks:

Patty Templeton's con report

Clif Flynt's overview -- he also did posts for each panel he attended, such as "What Am I Looking For?" which was done by editors and an agent.

Marta Savage's con wrap-up.

Jim Hines:  DetCon1 and Inclusiveness and to that, a blogger at HuffPo wrote this about progressives, so I'm including his post Dear Progressives.



Many thanks to DetCon1's FB page, from which I got quite a few of these links.

Convention tips for con attendees by Gareth L. Powell.

The Cheapskate’s Guide to SF/F cons: A Guest Post.


ETA:  More about DetCon1 and diversity.



No comments: